Okay, yes, that was a very nerdy moment, but it is kind of how I feel. I am about to embark on what I sense will be a wild, wonderful, life changing journey.
As many of you know, on July 4, 2013 I met a woman who was in the midst of a quest to accomplish everything on a list of 48 things she wanted to do or try before she turned 48. I immediately loved the idea and told her I was going to steal it. She enthusiastically encouraged me to, "Go right ahead", sharing that it was the best thing she'd ever done. So I have officially "borrowed" the idea.
My goal in this, my 47th year, is to do or try 47 Things before my next birthday. I have already collected a number of suggestions and I'm still collecting ideas, so please email me if you'd like for me to consider something. My first task, of course, will be to sort out which ones are suitable for my timeframe (and budget), and which ones might have to be added to a 50 Things list.
As a way to document this journey and share it with those who are interested, I have created this blog.
And so it begins...
I am nervous but excited. One thing is for sure, meeting that woman was no coincidence. God is doing something. My prayer is that God use everything I do or try to bring me closer to Him and to help me grow as a person. I hope to conquer some fears, make great memories, and have lots of laughs. I'm taking a deep breath and jumping in with both feet.
So, here I go. Pray for me as I take this ride!
[Star Trek themesong playing in the background]
I am so happy, thrilled and scared for you. I hope you fill this journey with incredible adventure!
ReplyDeleteThank you Amy!
ReplyDeleteDanielle, first off, I'd like to thank you for your comment on my blog (I just now saw it!). You are the first person who, of their own accord, read and commented on one of my pieces and I appreciate it. Second, I wonder how far you've gotten on your list, if you were able to complete the whole of it...kudos regardless. I'd love to hear what God did in your journey ;) Bless you.
ReplyDelete